Nordic Legal Counsel to Arval
0700 90 18 85
Founded in 1989 and fully owned by BNP Paribas, Arval specializes in full-service vehicle leasing. Arval offers its customers tailored solutions that optimize their employees´ mobility and outsource the risks associated with fleet management. Arval is now looking to strengthen its legal team with a Nordic Legal Counsel based in Danderyd, Stockholm.
You will establish and develop the new role as Nordic Legal Counsel and will support the operations in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway. Within the framework of the group, you will be the one to set the processes and standards for the legal support in your region as well as manage all legal issues that arise in the business within the region.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Work with day-to-day legal issues such as commercial agreements, partnerships, competition law, data protection, insurance distribution, regulatory compliance, consumer legislation, negotiations etc.
- Collaborate with management regarding business strategies
- Work alongside the business with the implementation of new products and services
- Legal risk evaluation and advise
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders
- Provide trainings to non-legal colleagues
- Manage all claims/litigations brought or threatened against Arval except in the field of debt recovery and small claims
- Keep up-to-date with applicable legislation
- Drive innovation and digitalization in the legal department
- Management of external counsel
You will be working out of Arval´s facilities in Danderyd, Stockholm and the job will involve travelling to countries in the region as well as to the Benelux countries and Paris. You will report to the Head of Legal for the Benelux and Nordics region, situated in Brussels and with a functional reporting to the CEOs in your region.
Who are you?
You have a Swedish law degree and you are an experienced lawyer with at least five years of qualified legal experience, preferably including previous experience from an in-house position. In order to succeed you will have to be a pragmatic lawyer with an ability to prioritize and have excellent communications skills. Furthermore, you are a person with a large portion of common sense and you are used to making legal risk-assessments.
You recognize many of the following traits in yourself:
- Very good ability to prioritize legal risks and issues
- Comfortable with taking a risk based approached when assessing legal issues
- An ability to give "good-enough" legal advice
- Embed the principle that the legal function is a true business partner in your daily work and have a capability of communicating this principle
- A pro-active "people person"
- Thrive in an international environment and in an inter-cultural working environment
- Excellent skills in English and Swedish, knowledge in Danish, Finnish or Norwegian is a plus
What we will offer you
You will join a dedicated legal team and work in a truly international environment. You will get the opportunity to build the legal function for the Nordic region and help develop the growing business!
You will get to work close to the business and the local management and handle a broad range of legal issues.
In this recruitment process, Arval is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications are received so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible via www.jurek.se, please note that we do not accept applications via email. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Maria Elvung by phone 0700 90 18 85 or by email at email@example.com.
We care about cars. We care about you.
Expert advice and service quality, which are the foundations of Arval´s customer promise, are delivered in 29 countries by around 7,000 employees. Arval´s total leased fleet adds up to 1,193,910 vehicles throughout the world (December 2018).
Arval is a founding member of the Element-Arval Global Alliance, the longest standing strategic alliance in the fleet management industry and the worldwide leader with 3 million vehicles in 50 countries. Within BNP Paribas, Arval belongs to the Retail Banking core activity.
Our mission is to deliver convenient, efficient and flexible car usage solutions to individuals and companies of any size.
Everyday at Arval, thanks to our expert advice and prompt and accurate service, everything is done to really care about clients, drivers and vehicles.
"Arval. We care about cars. We care about you.": a slogan to reflect Arval commitment.
This signature communicates the passion that drives us to deliver the quality of service that sets Arval apart.
We believe that outsourcing and using are more relevant than self-doing and owning. We anticipate that car-on-demand will be the ultimate model, enabled by technology and best-in-class logistics.
Companies – for their employees, households and individuals will be able to pick up a car when and where necessary for a duration suited for their mobility needs, whether occasional, regular or permanent.