Legal Counsel to Verisure Sweden´s fast-growing operations
0700 90 18 85
Verisure is a leading provider of professionally monitored security solutions and is now seeking a Legal Counsel who will be working very close to the business in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment. You will become a valued and integral member of our growing organization and will primarily focus on the consumer facing business and work closely with the marketing department.
In this role you will support the home security operations who mainly operate towards private customers. Your work will primarily focus on consumer law and marketing law and you will be exposed to a wide variety of issues within these legal areas. However, a wide range of other legal issues will also end up on your desk, such as issues related to data protection, competition law, disputes and claims.
Your tasks will, amongst others, include:
- Work with keeping general terms and conditions for the sale of goods and services up-to-date and current as well as drafting new general terms and conditions for new products
- Working alongside the business in the innovation phase of new products and services and working with marketing material of current and future products and services
- Managing customer complaints and claims and managing contacts with relevant authorities
- Keep up-to-date with current applicable legislation and find suitable ways in which to implement new or up-dated routines if necessary
- Developing and hold trainings for the business in relevant legal areas
Additionally, you will assist the Group Corporate Counsel (based in Geneva) in the co-ordination of all corporate documentation such as shareholder, board and committee meetings and other company secretarial duties of the Swedish holding companies. Approximately 20% of your time will be dedicated this element of your role, and your contribution will help to ensure robust corporate governance practices are implemented throughout the Group.
Your tasks will, amongst others, include:
- Day-to-day management of the Swedish holding companies while working with key stakeholders across the legal and finance functions
- Ensure that company filings required in Sweden are made in timely and accurate manner and ensure that the legal entity management tool is kept up-to-date
- Assist the Group Corporate and Transactions Counsel with the implementation of group corporate governance policies and procedures within the Swedish holding companies as well as with Swedish company law issues in connection with corporate re-organisations and transactions
This is a business with fast technological developments. Verisure is always looking for new ways to protect and care for customers by innovating and exploring areas such as smart homes and smart alarms which brings with it its own range of legal aspects for the in-house legal team to support with.
For your day to day work, you will report to and work closely with the Head of Legal for Sweden and will report directly to Group Corporate and Transactions Counsel at HQ in Geneva for the corporate issues.
This role is based at Verisure´s modern offices in Solna, Stockholm. Intermittent international travel can also be expected.
Who are you?
We are seeking a talented, innovative and passionate young professional. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with a strong drive, analytic skills and strong business acumen. You are a result-oriented team player with capacity to deliver on sometimes short deadlines.
In order to be successful, we believe that you have the following background and skills:
- Swedish law school graduate
- 2-4 years´ post-qualifying experience from law firm and/or in-house position, preferably working with marketing law and/or consumer law - potential for development, appetite to be challenged and energy to learn is key
- Experience from a consumer goods/services company, tech-company, IOT operations or similar would be ideal but is not required
- Experience from working with Swedish company law and corporate governance issues is beneficial but not a requirement
- Collaborating and Influencing, with a business minded and problem-solving mindset
As a person we believe that you:
- Have a pragmatic approach with an ability to prioritize legal issues with ease
- Have a problem-solving mind-set with a capacity to think outside the box
- Become engaged and motivated by a fast-paced and inclusive working environment
- Are fluent in Swedish and English
What we will offer you!
Verisure is in a unique position as a market leading company with sustained double-digit growth and a fantastic brand in high margin industry! Even still, we are far from done in developing our business model and penetrating the market, and you will have a key role in this growth journey. We are a people-driven service company and we see opportunities for career growth as fundamental to our success. If you join us, you will have a chance at rapid career development both in Sweden and globally. You will be working with competent and engaged colleagues in our brand new offices in Solna. The position is a key role in our company and you will play an important part in the success we are creating together.
In this recruitment process, Verisure is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications are received so please apply as soon as possible via www.jurek.se, we do not accept applications via email. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Maria Elvung by phone 0700 90 18 85 or by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Verisure (in some markets operating under Securitas Direct) is the European market leader in monitored security solutions. The Company has nearly 3 million customers in 15 countries across Europe and Latin America, more than 16,000 employees and partners, and grows continuously at more than 10% per annum top and bottom line.
The group has grown to be the third-largest home alarm provider in the world. It is owned by leading private equity firm Hellman & Friedman, Singapore´s sovereign wealth fund (GIC) and management.
Everything we do is driven by our DNA. Our DNA has enabled us to grow at a double-digit pace for many years and is setting us up to continue our winning stride.
The Verisure DNA has five tenants:
Passionate in Everything We Do: Our people have a sense of energy that is unmistakable, one that drives us to delight our customers and focus on creating impact quickly.
Committed to Making a Difference: When we say we will do something, we deliver with excellence. We are accountable, focused and operate with discipline.
Always Innovating: We believe that Innovation can be big or small; it´s a continuous state of mind that inspires us to think differently and always make things better. We are risk takers and we learn continuously.
Winning as a Team: Our people know that by leveraging one another´s strengths, investing in and developing our team´s capability and by collaborating well, we will win.
With Trust & Responsibility: Operating with integrity is core to our success. We are humble, honest and value deep mastery and expertise. We do the right thing, always.