Legal Counsel to TriOptima - Stockholm
+46 733 99 07 27
NEX Group plc offers customers better ways to execute trades and manage risk. Our products and services underpin the entire trade lifecycle pre-, during and post-execution. Our electronic trading platforms are industry standards. Customers use our lifecycle management and information services to optimise portfolios, control risk and reduce costs. We partner with emerging technology companies to bring greater efficiency. NEX is headquartered in London with offices worldwide. NEX Optimisation businesses are dedicated to mitigating risk, increasing efficiency, reducing costs and streamlining increasingly complex processes for our clients. On 18 May 2018, NEX shareholders passed resolutions relating to an offer from CME Group Inc. to acquire NEX; the transaction is expected to complete later this calendar year subject to certain conditions including merger and regulatory clearances.
TriOptima, one of the NEX Optimisation businesses, designs services that offer critical operational and credit risk management tools to the OTC derivatives market. Its services include multilateral portfolio compression; portfolio reconciliation; valuation and risk analytics and counterparty risk rebalancing.
We are now looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Stockholm office which is also TriOptima’s head office.
Tasks and Responsibilities
This role has a particular focus on the legal documentation involving existing or prospective customers. The Legal Counsel will work as a commercial and regulatory lawyer for TriOptima and may occasionally assist with legal work involving the other NEX Optimisation businesses.
The role involves working closely with colleagues in the business and central services/group functions in contract negotiations and other projects with heavy emphasis on execution. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Working with customers and prospective customers on legal documentation
- Product development
- Draft, review, negotiate and oversee the execution of vendor agreements, outsourcing arrangements, licensing agreements, intra-group agreements, data processor agreements, engagement letters or other commercial contracts
- Regulatory – Working closely with TriOptima’s Compliance Officer on relevant regulations for the development and maintenance of the company’s policies, guidelines and procedures
- Providing ad hoc and strategic legal advice, where required
- Ensure relevant documentation is correctly managed, protected and filed
- Fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business
Profile and qualifications
- Swedish Law degree and practised law for at least 3 years
- Must have contract drafting and negotiating skills with commercial experience
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- In-house experience preferable (whether via secondment or otherwise)
Experience within financial services is highly desirable.
The right candidate for this position has the drive and understanding required to work in an international, fast moving environment. You are independent, prone to taking initiative, meticulous and have high integrity. Most importantly, you have a genuine interest and knowledge of the financial industry and relevant financial instruments.
Excellent Swedish and English skills are a must.
Application and Inquiries
We are working with Sharp Recruitment in this process. Please feel free to contact Zarina Virsholm at +46 733 99 07 27 or Zarina.email@example.com, for questions regarding TriOptima and/or the position.
All applications will be reviewed, and interviews will be conducted continuously. Apply here: https://karriar.sharprecruitment.se/jobs/40544-legal-counsel-to-trioptima-stockholm