Legal Counsel to NIM Corporate Law, Stockholm
We are looking for a Legal Counsel who will join the NIM Corporate Law team in Stockholm.
Nordea Investment Management AB (NIM) is a Swedish investment firm under the supervision of Finansinspektionen, providing primarily discretionary investment services to institutional clients, via branches in Denmark, Finland and Norway and subsidiaries in Germany, the US and the UK. NIM is a part of Nordea Asset Management (NAM), the asset management arm of the Nordea Group.
This is an opportunity for you to expand your corporate and legal skills while contributing to the growing and successful business of the asset management arm of the Nordea group.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced and international environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
The Nordea Group is the leading financial services group in the Nordic and Baltic Sea regions. The group has 11 million clients and 30,000 employees. NAM has around 830 employees and manages around EUR 200 billion of assets for institutional, wholesale and retail clients across the Nordic region and the globe.
Your future responsibilities
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist with board matters and governance matters specific for an investment firm, including suitability assessments
- Assist with and handle general contract and asset management law matters
- Be an important player in the contact with NIM’s subsidiaries and branches
- Draft, review and update internal policies, corporate governance charters, instructions and guidelines
- Assist with M&A matters together with more senior colleagues in the legal team
The role is based in Stockholm. Welcome to a team that makes difference.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Lawyer with 3+ years legal working experience from a law firm or a bank/company in the financial industry working with corresponding matters
- Organized with a personal patience for complex assignments as well as day-to-day assignments
- Ability to prioritize tasks, to take initiative and to exercise sound judgment
- A law degree on master level from university
- Fluent in Swedish and English (both written and spoken)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.com, you can read more about us and the role we play in society.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than on 24 June 2019.
For more information about the position, please contact Frank Pedersen, Head of NAM Business & Corporate Law, phone: +46 (0)734316585, mail: email@example.com.
For union information, please contact Finansförbundet at firstname.lastname@example.org or SACO at SacoNordea@nordea.com
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.