Legal Counsel to Data Privacy Office at Husqvarna - interim
Husqvarna Group is a world-leading producer of outdoor power products for garden, park and forest care. Products include chainsaws, trimmers, robotic lawn mowers and ride-on lawn mowers. The Group is also the European leader in garden watering products and a world leader in cutting equipment and diamond tools for the construction and stone industries. The Group’s products and solutions are sold under brands including Husqvarna, Gardena, McCulloch, Poulan Pro, Weed Eater, Flymo, Zenoah and Diamant Boart via dealers and retailers to consumers and professionals in more than 100 countries. Net sales in 2015 amounted to SEK 36 billion and the Group has more than 13,000 employees in 40 countries.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Data Privacy function, based in Stockholm. The position is an interim placement starting as soon as possible and 12 months forward.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The Data Privacy Office at Husqvarna, consisting of multiple professionals across Europe, is a new organization based on the need to help the Group ensure continued compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- This role will support the Group Data Protection Officer, DPO, with legal tasks in the day-to-day activities of the Data Privacy Office, including but not limited to:
- Providing legal advice and guidance in the process of responding to data subjects’ requests;
- Responding to legal questions from the business;
- Reviewing and providing advice in relation to contractual documentation required by the GDPR, such as data processing agreements;
- Update/develop training material on GDPR compliance;
- Provide advice in relation to Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs);
- Otherwise support the DPO in their tasks.
You will report to the Group DPO.
Profile and qualifications
Applicants for this position must have a Swedish or other EU MS legal degree and approximately 5 years of qualified experience in the legal field, preferably including a law firm. Experience within legal compliance is meritorious as well as specific data privacy/ GDPR-experience.
You must be comfortable working in an international corporate environment with exceptional communication skills in English being a must. It is important that the right candidate for this position is ambitious, high-performing and responsible. You must be innovative and action-oriented, as well as informal, transparent and honest.
We are looking for candidates that are smart, analytical, diligent and structural but also driven, service-minded and are prone to take initiative. It is of utmost importance that the right candidate can make commercially sound decisions with a risk-based approach and have the ability to think and act strategically and tactically.
Application and Enquiries
Husqvarna is cooperating with Sharp Recruitment in this recruitment process. Please contact Maneli Zakipour on +46 708262796 or email@example.com, for questions regarding Husqvarna and/or the position.
All applications will be reviewed and interviews will be performed continuously. Apply today HERE.