Legal Counsel – BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence. The Group has one of the largest international banking networks, a presence in 75 countries and nearly 190 000 employees. The Group has two main business areas: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional banking and is recognized as a market leader in each of these areas.
Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) provides to its clients financing, advisory and capital market services. It is a globally recognized leader in many areas of expertise including among others structured financing and derivatives across a variety of asset classes. CIB also has a solid corporate advisory franchise in Europe and Asia.
The Nordic region is strategic for BNP Paribas and one of the regions selected in the Group’s growth plan. BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking has been present in the Nordics since 1985. BNP Paribas CIB has a branch in each of the four countries and we are today around 140 employees. Our customers are large Nordic industrial companies, financial institutions, shipping and energy companies, as well as international groups.
The BNP Paribas Group is also represented in the Nordics by Alfred Berg, Cardif, Arval, BNP Paribas Factor, Ekspress Bank and Exane.
The Stockholm office is centrally located at Nybrokajen.
We are looking for a Swedish law qualified lawyer to work within the BNP Paribas CIB business in Stockholm, Sweden. You will be part of a legal team advising BNP Paribas on various legal matters arising in Sweden and Finland and have a key role in ensuring that the legal services provided in the region are qualitative, consistent and provided in a timely manner. The role reports to Head of CIB Legal Sweden and Finland.
Role Overview & Responsibilities
This is a high profile and exciting position for a lawyer with a background in banking and finance law who wants to work closely with a diversified CIB business in a fast moving, international environment, always cooperating with colleagues all over the world.
Reporting to Head of CIB Legal Sweden and Finland in a team of two lawyers and one trainee, you will sit with the Swedish business and service their day to day transactional and regulatory legal requirements and queries. You will also be required to be proactively engaged in legal and regulatory projects and issues that affect both Sweden and the Nordic Region. You will be responsible for monitoring Swedish legal markets and maintaining awareness of Swedish legal developments and BNP Paribas policies and guidelines to help ensure that any legal services and advice provided remain within enforceable legal frameworks.
- Provide advice to the CIB business lines as to legal and regulatory matters in Sweden
- Provide legal support for relevant businesses, transaction management and documentation in Sweden
- Provide other BNP Paribas legal staff with advice, assistance and support with regards to Swedish law issues and cooperate with other BNP Paribas legal staff for foreign legal issues for Swedish clients
- Contribute to the development of standard agreements and templates together with legal guidelines for products and documentation as appropriate and assist in keeping such documentation and guidelines updated
- Maintain and develop contact and cooperation with external law firms
- Analyze legal and regulatory changes and developments potentially affecting BNP Paribas CIB businesses and assist in mitigating any resulting legal risk, including ensuring necessary revisions to legal documentation, policies and procedures
Skills & Qualifications
- Swedish law qualification and 2-4 years’ experience in banking and finance (preferably including experience in a law firm and/or an investment or corporate bank)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team with a strong sense of teamwork
- Excellent communication, negotiation and drafting skills in both Swedish and English
- Solution focused mind-set but with a firm legal integrity
- Robust but approachable nature, with the ability to act calmly and professionally in a demanding and fast moving business environment
- Independent, rigorous and commercially minded, and have strong time management and prioritizing skills
- Comfortable and confident advising the business
Please contact Susanne Falk at Falk Search, 0762 82 88 89 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions about the position. Send your application with CV and a personal letter as soon as possible to email@example.com.