Head of Legal & Compliance to Siemens Healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, our purpose is to enable healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, and improving patient experience, all enabled by digitalizing healthcare. An estimated five million patients worldwide everyday benefit from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services. We´re a leading medical technology company with over 120 years of experience and 18,500 patents globally. With about 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries, we´ll continue to innovate and shape the future of healthcare.
Siemens Healthcare is now hiring a Head of Legal & Compliance for Sweden.
This position comprises the role of the head of Legal, Compliance and the Data Privacy Coordinator for Siemens Healthineers in Sweden. In this role, you are responsible for handling all legal related matters such as corporate, commercial, regulatory and litigation topics. In addition, you are responsible to ensure the effective implementation and monitoring of the Siemens Healthineers compliance program. You will also be appointed as Data Privacy Coordinator in which function you have to ensure data privacy compliance in the organization.
You will directly report into the General Counsel for EMEA West (Western Europe and Africa/West). For Compliance the functional reporting will be into the Head of Compliance for EMEA West both located in the Siemens Healthineers Headquarter in Erlangen. In addition, you will be a member of the Swedish Management Team for Healthineers.
- Be a trusted advisor to the Siemens Healthcare AB management with respect to legal, compliance and DP matters
- Provides strategic and operational guidance and contributes to the strategy and implementation of the Siemens Healthineers business Sweden
- Mitigates legal risks and help business in the mitigation of commercial risks
- Implement and perform key legal processes such as drafting, negotiating and settling commercial agreements, risk assessment and approval processes and where appropriate liaising with other members of the global Legal function
- Ensures compliance with Data Privacy Laws in the organisation
- Implement and ensure execution of the Compliance program. Provide respective guidance to management incl. regular Compliance trainings
- Provides training and education to the business on relevant laws and business legal issues including trainings for Data Privacy topics
- Supports the Siemens Healthineers Head of Data Privacy Compliance in fulfilling his/her obligations and tasks
- Informs the General Counsel EMEA-West and Country management of areas which represent a legal or reputational risk
- Be a proactive member in the management team
- Be comfortable as a challenger to the management and to the business when appropriate
- Demonstrates credibility in his/her participation at and advice to the board
- Works collaboratively with Siemens Healthineers legal specialists in headquarters and the Siemens Healthineers global legal network
Who are you?
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with the following experiences and competencies:
- Swedish law degree
- A minimum of 5 years legal work experience
- Relevant work experience collected in the Healthcare- and/or Life science Sector with strong focus on contract law for supply and service transactions, distributorship agreements, is highly appreciated
- Ideally having knowledge and experience in data privacy laws and public procurement law
- Ability to familiarize oneself with new legal fields impacting the Siemens Healthineers business
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication in Swedish and English
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and to set the right priorities
- Be pragmatic and hands on
- Excellent business acumen
- Gravitas and credibility
How to apply?
In this recruitment process, Siemens Healthcare is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications (in English) are received so please apply as soon as possible via www.jurek.se. Please note that we do not accept applications by mail. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Helena Woodcock by phone 0733 – 109585, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Siemens Healthineers supports diversity in the workplace. We offer the same opportunities to everyone and see diversity as an asset, because shifting backgrounds and life experiences among employees raises the dynamics of the group. Diversity increases the chances of seeing things from different perspectives and finding new, innovative solutions to problems.
Siemens Healthineers offers solid terms of employment, package and benefits.
Siemens Healthcare offers a broad range of products in the in vivo and in vitro space as well as a professional services with a continuous expansion of its portfolio to support health providers across the continuum of care. Siemens Healthineers is the employer of choice for all those, who like to learn and reinvent themselves. The company attracts people who wants to contribute to more than just business success – people who seek a unifying sense of purpose in what they do.
Read more about the company and its´ services at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/
Siemens Healthcare AB, as part of Siemens Healthineers´ global organization, operates in Sweden and is a part of the Nordic & Baltic Zone. The revenue was in 2018 approximately 93 M€ and the company employs 190 people.
0733-10 95 85