DPO and Compliance Officer to Verisure Nordic Region
+46 733 99 07 27
Verisure is the European market leader in monitored security solutions, operating under 2 brand names (Securitas Direct & Verisure). The Company has more than 2.5 million customers in 14 countries across Europe and Latin America and has more than 12,000 employees and partners. The customer offering covers the whole value chain – from product development, design and sales to installation, service and a 24/7 professional monitoring solution. Thanks to a strong focus on high quality, the company’s customers are amongst the most satisfied and loyal in the industry. The group has grown to be the second-largest home alarm provider in the world and, is on average 3.5 times the size of its nearest competitor across its footprint.
The business has enjoyed consistent double-digit top and bottom line growth over the past 20+ years as a result of its highly entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business. Our organization has grown from 6,000 to over 13,000 employees and partners in the past three years and our continued successful growth is dependent on our talent pipeline. Our people are our business.
In the Nordics, Verisure has almost 1700 employees and franchise workers. The annual turnover amounts to around SEK 4 billion. In Sweden, Denmark, Finland, France, Spain, and Norway Verisure is the leading provider of home alarms in the country and provides safety and security for more than one million customers every day.
We are now looking for a DPO & Compliance Officer to join our high-performing Nordic Region team to support accelerate our continuing fast-paced growth. This position can be based in our office in Stockholm, Linköping, Malmö or any other capital in Scandinavia,
The position as DPO (Data Protection Office) and compliance officer for all companies in the Nordic region including Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland is new. You will be responsible to continue to build and drive our data protection culture and to establish and implement our compliance program in the Nordic in close cooperation with our global compliance team. The role means that you are the Key Nordic supporter, point of contact and contributor to Group in GDPR and Compliance issues. DPO and Compliance reports directly to Head of Legal Sweden and Finland and have a dotted line reporting to the Group Compliance and Data Protection Officer. You will work in close cooperation with senior managers and employees in all our companies in the Nordics.
Nordic DPO responsibilities includes:
- Assist company functions to further develop, maintain and implement efficient and practical work processes and activities compliant with GDPR;
- Assist in drafting of new business related agreements to comply with data protection regulations;
- fMonitor, analyze, training of personnel and drive implementation and changes relating to GDPR and local regulations;
- Breach analyzing and reporting;
- Answer and coordinate work relating to SAR requests;
- Point of contact with the different data protection authorities;
- Performing DPIAs and analyzes for new work processes and products;
- Responsible to drive projects on data protection related topics;
- Training of staff and managers data protection related topics;
- Other data protection related work.
Nordic Compliance responsibilities includes:
- Establish and implement the Compliance program and necessary internal policies and processes;
- Implement and maintain Group compliance policies, standards and processes in compliance with applicable local laws and regulations;
- Participate and help develop the planning of compliance activities globally within the Group;
- Coordinate work with external legal consultants where needed to implement compliance initiatives;
- Identify and problem solve regarding new regulations;
- Internal as well as external compliance reporting;
- Training of staff and managers in compliance related topics.
Profile and qualifications
This is a very rare opportunity to join a dynamic, international and industry-leading business, with a smart and high-performing team, in a continuously growing technology and service industry that makes a positive difference in the lives of customers across 14 countries every day.
We are not looking for just a data protection/compliance officer: the successful candidate will always play with and for the team; be smart and have a strong academic record and career success to date; be a sharp legal mind; have a passion to work close to the business and support with easily accessible practical advice and solutions; be analytical and a structured thinker, but also driven, service-minded and prone to take initiative and take ownership.
The successful candidate will likely also have a law degree, a strong academic record and a minimum 5 years of experience from the consumer industry working preferably in the compliance function of a company with the IT, telecom or industrial sector. It is important that you have a solution oriented and business minded approach to the work.
You should also have the following competences:
- An ability to influence senior business leaders on all compliance risk-related matters affecting the business. The right candidate should have the ability to independently challenge, when needed, while at the same time being supportive and solution-based and not being perceived as obstructive;
- A team player with integrity and well advanced cooperation skills;
- Fluency in English language and fluent in one Scandinavian language. It is a merit to have a good understanding and the possibility to communicate also in additional Scandinavian languages;
- Your interest in IoT and related products as well as the will and the drive to contribute to the development of methods and tools in order to cope with future challenges in our area will be a great benefit to us;
If you think you could be a fit, we would be very happy to hear from you!
Application and Enquiries
We are working with Sharp Recruitment on this project. Please feel free to contact Zarina Virsholm on +46 733 99 07 27 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions regarding Verisure and/or the position.
All applications will be reviewed and interviews will be conducted on a rolling-basis. For applications (ideally consisting of an introductory letter with CV), please CLICK HERE.