Compliance Officer to BNP Paribas
072 55 55 671
In this position you will gain experience from a true international organization.
BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence. The Group has one of the largest international banking networks, a presence in 75 countries and nearly 190 000 employees. The Group has two main business areas: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional banking and is recognized as a market leader in each of these areas.
The Nordic region is strategic for BNP Paribas and one of the regions selected in the Group’s growth plan. BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking has been present in the Nordics since 1985. BNP Paribas CIB has a branch in each of the four countries and we are today around 140 employees. Our customers are large Nordic industrial companies, financial institutions, shipping and energy companies, as well as international groups.
The BNP Paribas Group is also represented in the Nordics by Alfred Berg, Cardif, Arval, BNP Paribas Factor, Ekspress Bank and Exane.
BNP Paribas Sweden Branch, Corporate & Institutional Banking is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer to the Stockholm office.
As Compliance Officer in Stockholm office, you will be advising on compliance topics arising in the business of BNP Paribas Sweden branch and BNP Paribas Finland branch (Sweden Compliance covers Finland branch).
- Support and advise business on day-to-day compliance matters in relation to current/new business with a focus on Investment Banking, MiFID and KYC.
- Execute the relevant compliance control/monitoring plan
- Participate in New Activity Committees and Transaction Approval Committees
- Conduct timely and diligent reporting to Group Compliance according to the compliance reporting schedule
- Review and compliance sign off on Group projects
- Review and compliance sign off on business relationships according to local and Group procedures, ensuring that all relevant Know Your Customer requirements are met
- Interpret and assist business in implementing the local regulator’s Compliance regulations and guidelines
- Assist in responding to requests from external and internal auditors on regulatory / other Compliance matters
- Assist in the preparation of the ongoing training of staff on all relevant compliance topics
- Master’s degree in law or finance (preferably from Sweden or Finland)
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience from compliance from a bank, the regulator and/or a law firm in the field of Investment banking
- Independent and keen to take action
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Solid but approachable nature, with the ability to act calmly and professionally
- Fluent in English and one Scandinavian language
In this recruitment BNP Paribas cooperate with Netwrk. For more information, please contact Johanna Lagerholm or Michael Brommels.